Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

It (unfortunantley) Isn't Magic

There are so many obvious things in life that we choose to ignore:
- If you jam on your accelerator everytime the light turns green, you're gonna spend more money at the pump.
- If you tell everyone at work you hate your job and have a bad attitude, you're not gonna get a raise and you sure as shit aren't gonna get promoted.
- If you don't nurture your relationships, they're going to falter.
-And the big one...if you eat whatever you want and don't work out, your scale and skinny jeans will let you know about it.

You can try every diet on the planet, but it all boils down to eating right and getting active. Weight Watchers WORKS. It works because it forces you to make healthy food choices and watch your portions. I speak for myself when I say that just because it's common sense doesn't mean it's easy. It's not easy, but it is simple. Hear that? Easy does not equal simple, or vice versa. It's work. It's making concious decisions and planning ahead instead of just raiding the pantry when you're bored/sad/hear the slightest grumble in your tummy, you pick your reason.

I'm saying all this to say that the past few weeks, I haven't cared enough. I have such a limited amount of energy and I am choosing not to spend that energy on weight loss. This is by no means a forever thing, just at this time. I'm also taking responsibility for that. Which means no bitching about the scale or how I look in the mirror. It's cause and effect folks. When you stuff your face with doughnuts, you can't complain about how you look. Just doesn't work that way. It's like failing to vote for years and then complaining about your government. Or not, that's another pet peeve of mine for another day.

No comments: