Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thankful Thursday

My son is an extremely healthy and happy child, despite the day care cold he just picked up. Again, I have a healthy and happy child.

As if that wasn't enough (which it kind of is), I have a loving husband who is an incredible father to my happy and healthy child. He may do things that drive me crazy, but it's important to take some time (ahem, now) to reflect and remember how lucky I am to have him in my life.

Pumpkin Spice Lattes. 'Nough said.

The very small extended family that I have is very supportive and loving. They may be mostly made up of relatives from marriage, but they're mine and they're awesome.

I have a place to call home. As I went through training to be a volunteer at Project Homeless Connect, they said something that hit close to home. Most of the people there will be almost homeless. Usually, something terrible has happened (job loss, illness, accident, etc) and they didn't have savings and they are close to losing everything. This could be most of us. We don't have enough savings to float us if we both lost our jobs or one of us became terribly ill or injured. If that's not a smack to the back of the head to remind you to be thankful, I don't know what is.

The new TV shows this season rock my socks off. The Ringer, American Horror Story, Up All Night, Suburgatory....the list goes one. Not to mention all of the returning champs, Modern Family, Glee, The Office, Raising Hope, Happy Endings....this list goes on as well. No wonder I haven't been blogging....

No comments: