Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Did Something Good!!!

As I was perusing my Facebook news feed (which I only do about every 10 minutes...no biggie) I came across this status:

 "Save the Children is asking people to knit a cap now through 2/28 to sponsor a charity drive to collect headwear for babies in impoverished countries. Patterns can be found at GoodGoes.org/caps"

Now, anything that involves helping a baby is kryptonite to me at this point, seeing as how Gavin is 4 months old. Also, I know how to knit! So I can do something to help someone else! I even have the knitting needles and yarn in the back corner of my closet. Problem though. I am terribly notorious for starting things that I can't finish. NOTORIOUS. Like maybe even this blog. So when I told my hubs about this, he told me that's great, but can I really knit a cap before the end of February? Well, another thing about me is that I love helping those in need and moreover, I love love LOVE to prove people wrong, especially when they tell me I can't do something.

Immediately, I sat in my chair andd started knitting like there was a cash prize...or chocolate. Whatever. I finished the cap in less than 24 hours!! Now it looks like something that a middle schooler made in home economics, a male student at that, but it will keep a baby's head warm and that warms my heart to no end.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Let's hope that everyone who reads this post gets out their knitting needles!