Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

My Scale Thinks It's Funny (It's not)

If my scale were a person, I probably would have punched it in the nose this morning. Why? Becuase it lied to me and got my hopes up. First time I step on the scale, I get a nice number that makes it seem as though all the Pedro Goes to Italy Pizza didn't wreck my diet (oh, and that chili and all those valentine candies and....you get the point). SO I go about my morning routine and I forget what that very last number is before I get a chance to put my weight into the weight tracker, so I step on the scale and see an ugly number. A number that shows all those little tiny slips (AKA POINTS Emily....POINTS....you have to count those!) added up to pounds. So I shake my head and say it must have been mistaken. I couldn't have gained 2 pounds in mere minutes. I step on the scale again and guess what? Yup, still the ugly number. *sigh* I have been sitting on a plateu and getting really lazy about counting because I've been getting away with not counting and I haven't seen it on the scale. Well that laziness has caught up with me and here I am, a pound and a half heavier. Not the end of the world, but it is the kick in the ass that I need to start being serious about losing more, because I haven't met that beautiful goal number that I am a mere 5 pounds away from. It's easy to be tempted to slack off now because my clothes are starting to fit and all, but if I do I won't be able to proudly say that I set a goal and I reached it, which I have to do. Not witty or funny, but true.

P.S. This is part of a linky party with The Heir To Blair. Check out her sincere pledge to herself on this Valentine's Day that pretty much sums it up for a lot of us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't even get on the scale last week because I knew it would have hit the wall. I toally get it. Hang in there!

Emily said...

Thank you for the encouragement! If my scale wasn't pretty and red, I probably would have chucked it too....