Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Pedro Goes to Italy Pizza (and it only goes to your thighs a lil bit)

In honor of The Heir To Blair's McFatty Monday awesomeness and because for the first time in 4 months I forgot to step on the scale on a Monday morning, I decided to post a recipe.

I threw this creation together this week and my husband is in LOVE with it and so am I. One of those once a year miracles that I just happened to have all this stuff in my kitchen and it actually tastes good and isn't completely awful for me. So, without further ado....

Pedro Goes To Italy Pizza

Ready-made pizza crust
2 cups fat-free mozarella cheese, shredded
2 tsp olive oil
1 chorizo sausage
1 tomato, sliced
1/2 cup chopped cilantro, fresh

Preheat oven to 450. Cook chorizo sausage in sautee pan. Drain grease off sausage. Place sausage on papertowels to pull additional grease off. Set aside. Coat entire crust, including rim in olive oil.  Place cheese on crust. layer with sliced tomatos, cilantro and chorizo. Adjust temperature to 425 right before placing pizza in oven. Cook 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Slice into 8 pieces.

For my WW friends, this is 6 points a slice. Not great, but really not a full out face stuffing points orgy either and you won't feel like you're eating "diet food". The hubs loves it because it's got the sausage that adds a little kick. He requests chopped up jalapenos on his half of the pizza, which doesn't add any points if that's your thang.

P.S. I'm in LURVE with that apron you see. It was obnoxiously expensive but since I had a gift card I thought I'd treat myself to a white apron that cost an arm and a leg. My husband thinks it has special powers because I've been cooking a whole lot more lately just so that I have an excuse to wear it.

2 comments:

Beth Anne said...

LOVE the apron!

& love the idea of the pizza! What would it do points-wise if you did a homemade whole wheat crust? (that's what is in my fridge!)

Emily said...

Takes it down a whole point a slice! Which means if you have 2 slices....2 whole points! Which is half a glass of wine. Fair trade if you ask me!!

Glad you like the apron. It screams stylish southern woman to me. Kind of like Belk is trying desperately to do...