Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Division of Labor

I usually refrain from man bashing because I really don't have anything to complain about at the end of the day. Robert is a great husband and an even better father, but let's be honest, he's human. I'm human too. When you put two humans together and give them a baby, bills and stressful jobs, wells you know.

One the causes of conflict for us is household chores. After a lot of discussion, we decided that he would do laundry and I do kitchen. This worked for about a month. Then I got a good look at the laundry room. That just wasn't gonna work. Piles of clean clothes. Wet clothes in the washer for days. He didn't seem to understand that laundry meant all of it. As in you wash, dry, fold AND put away. Throwing clean clothes on top of the dryer is not the end of the cycle. That's the equivalent of me leaving the dishes in the dishwasher or taking them out and putting them all over the counters. So now I either nag him to do it or just do it myself. There has to be an easier way. He says he doesn't mind me reminding him everyday (ahem, nagging), but I DO!! There are plenty of things that I would rather do than remind him. I just want it DONE!!! As my friend observed, they had lives before we lived together and they survived. What happened? Its like they get married and regress back to small children....sigh...where's my pacifier?

No comments: