Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Monsters Among Us

Ever since the news of the atrocity at Penn State broke, I've been saddened, dismayed and terrified. How could this happen? How could so many people let this happen for so long? I can't even wrap my head around it. My heart breaks every time I think about the children involved. To make things even more depressing, this happens more often than anyone would like to believe or admit.

I can't stand any conversation about this that involves athletics because that's not what this is about. This is about children being terribly abused and adults turning the other cheek.

Here's what I, and hopefully most, take away from this atrocity. When you see someone being hurt or wrong, stand up for them, especially if they can't stand up for themselves. Do the right thing. Let's take care of each other. It's hard enough out there.

No comments: